Human Resources Achievement Program, Inc. is a non-profit organization that focuses on providing training and enrichment programs to students ages 16-24 years old. Our goal is to change the trajectory of young people's lives and eliminate the pipeline from school to prison one student at a time.
We partner with other communicty based organizations that serve our targeted population such as DC Public Schools, Community Group Homes, DC Parks and Recreation as well as neighborhood churches under a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA). We deliver a robust interactive 12 weeks program during the week-days and on Saturdays at our partner organization's location.
1. Start a business (How to develop & write a business plan)
2. Recruit and hire people
3. Develop and execute a marketing & advertisement campaign
5. Contract with local businesses
6. Produce and promote a creative project such as a play or video
7. Share a creative project with the public
8. Demonstrate the knowledge & skills neede to effectively assist in a HR or Administrative environment
9. Describe the fundamental concepts and rules of employment law
10. Apply for employment opportunities and develop a plan to continue higher education
11. Earn $5 for every class completed
12. Receive a meal & drink at every class
13. METRO SMART Trip Card for transportation (if required)
14. Assigned Mentor/Partner
15. Community engagement