Human Resources Achievement Program, Inc. is a non-profit organization that focuses on providing training and enrichment programs to students ages 16-24 years old. Our goal is to change the trajectory of young people's lives and eliminate the pipeline from school to prison one student at a time.
We partner with other community based organizations that serve our targeted population such as DC Public Schools, Community Group Homes, DC Parks and Recreation as well as neighborhood churches under a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA). We deliver a robust interactive 12 weeks program during the week-days and on Saturdays at our partner organization's location.
1. Start a business (How to develop & write a business plan)
2. Recruit and hire people
3. Develop and execute a marketing & advertisement campaign
5. Contract with local businesses
6. Produce and promote a creative project such as a play or video
7. Share a creative project with the public
8. Demonstrate the knowledge & skills needed to effectively assist in a HR or Administrative environment
9. Describe the fundamental concepts and rules of employment law
10. Apply for employment opportunities and develop a plan to continue higher education
11. Earn $5 for every class completed
12. Receive a meal & drink at every class
13. METRO SMART Trip Card for transportation (if required)
14. Assigned Mentor/Partner
15. Community engagement
HRAP is a full 12 weeks Programs that focuses on changing the trajectory of the lives of young people of color. In order to do this, we need you. Currently we do a lot of Fundraisers in order to accomplish this goal for our Students. We are looking for Volunteers to #comeGROWwithUs. In addition, we are in need of an ARMY (Area Residents Mentoring Youths) to Mentor our young people. This program is also dependent on Sponsors and Donations from people and companies like yours. Make a donation today!