"Adopt a Community" is our model of connecting donators with disadvantage communities of Ward 7 and Ward 8 in Washington, DC enabling them some resources in their development.
Adopting a community means more than only providing a community with basic products. For example, food supply to survive, warm clothing, medicines … It also means to provide them with a chance to change the trajectory of their lives by means of professional development and trainings.
This is an option for private companies or persons to contribute to projects helping a whole community. For instance, to install WiFi Enabled Street Lights. Another option is to donate solar panels for electricity and heating. Nevertheless, one does not need to contribute a lot. In our opinion, every littlebit counts!
We currently support and work in communities supported by Edgewood Management, A Ford Family Company.
The #HRAPatPARKCHESTER Ambassadors Program falls under the Directorate of Community Engagement and Mentorship.
The role of the ambassadors is to seek new and innovative ways to recruit and engage Parkchester residents, volunteers, and donors to support programs and initiatives.
GOAL: To recruit and retain resident ambassadors, volunteers, and donors to increase program productivity and satisfaction.
1. Share HRAP's mission and work in the community with the residents in order to initiate collective promotion of efforts.
2. Market programs through grassroots initiatives such as posting flyers on doors about events and program activities.
3. Encourage residents to participate in events and programing by obtaining and creating a database of buildings, apartment numbers, cell numbers, and emails.
4. Attend regular HRAP, ANC, and tenants meetings related to the Parkchester community.
5. Actively seek out donors to partner with HRAP to support the Parkchester community.
6. Recruit other #HRAPatPARKCHESTER Ambassadors.
7. Retain other #HRAPatPARKCHESTER Ambassadors.